This 55000m2 (600 000 sf)complex was won in a design/build competition and is located on Commissioner Street in the Port Lands area of Toronto fronting on to the lake.
It was designed to accommodate over 1000 employees, 500 staff parking and 400 fleet vehicles.
The facility is comprised of four distinct major components, offices and workshops, material management warehousing, service garage and a fleet parking structure.
The strong purposeful street presence, which effectively screens internal activity from public view, is carefully modulated with glazed vertical stair towers.
External materials are a combination of smooth and ribbed light grey precast concrete, dark green metal and green tinted glazing. Interior features include a double volume 99m long atrium.